Saturday, January 30, 2010

 

Road Side Innovation


I was on the way to one of my customer's place when I made a stop at a traffic signal. The moment the signal became red, couple of guys came with some kind of LED batteries in their hand and started selling them. I was looking at them and wondering whether they will be able to sell their goods in about 60 to 90 seconds. If yes, then how? And if no, then how are these guys surviving? The question was unanswered at that point of time.


A week later I was on the same way and I made a stop at the signal. Again some guys came and started selling some weired kind of thing which I was seeing for the first time.It was of the shape of an octopus. I was very curious to know about it. So I called a guy and asked him what he was selling. He told that it was a head massager.It had around 8 legs made of flexible copper wire and had rounded and smooth tips at the ends. I bought it.(I love to relax while massaging my head :-)).


The signal became green and I started moving. While moving I just gave a thought to the question which I had a week earlier. And this time I had an answer. Those guys were able to sell their goods in so called 60 to 90 seconds. And that was possible only because of their (or may be their leader's) "Innovation". Every week they will have a new item. I have seen them selling a funny toy,a car window sun shield, a head massager and many more...


I remembered a line said by French writer Milan Kundra. “Business has only two functions - Innovation and Marketing” Thats absolutely true.No matter how big you are and no matter how small you are. One should always keep innovating new things to be in business.


Keep innovating,
Praveen

Labels:


Comments:
CTO Sab ...kamal ka likte hoo ..I read all of them ...very good ...

The poem in the AOL part is "mast"

and u added some people names in some places giving credit to them that's a great part
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]